Skip to content
Executive Committee 2020-2021
How to Join
BHN Job Descriptions
The Role of Registered Dietitian Nutritionists in Behavioral Health
BHN Newsletters and BHN in the kNOW
BHN Newsletter Archives
Nutrition Fact Sheets
Electronic Mailing List
Forms / DPG Business
House of Delegates & Legislative Issues
CPE Articles & Quizzes
QUIZ – Edible Reinforcers
Webinar Proposal Information
All Things FNCE®
Member Market Place
The Role of Nutrition Intervention for Improving Health and Outcomes in Patients with Alcohol Use Disorders: A Literature Review
The Role of Nutrition Intervention for Improving Health and Outcomes in Patients with Alcohol Use Disorders
The Role of Nutrition Intervention for Improving Health and Outcomes in Patients with Alcohol Use Disorders: A Literature Reviewn (CPE Article)
Thank your for taking the online CPE quiz. In order to receive CPE you must answer at least 4 out of 5 questions correctly. Upon passing, your continuing education certificate will automatically be e-mailed to you.
4. What percentage of women below the age of 30 years with an AUD have a co-occurring eating disorder?
1. Which of the following is associated with improved treatment outcomes?
a. Balanced, regular meals and snacks spread throughout the day
b. High protein, low carbohydrate diet
c. High dose vitamin E supplementation
d. All of the above are associated with improved treatment outcomes
5. Which of the following combinations of interventions can all patients recovering from an alcohol use disorder benefit from?
a. High-dose fat-soluble vitamin supplementation, individual nutrition counseling, group nutrition education
b. High-dose supplementation of vitamins A, C, E, zinc, and iron, individual nutrition counseling
c. Multivitamin supplementation, thiamine supplementation, group nutrition education
d. Multivitamin supplementation, vitamin A supplementation, individual nutrition counseling
3. A patient with an alcohol use disorder that is going to require nutrition support via tube feeds should be provided with a formula that does NOT contain which nutrient?
b. Omega-6 fatty acids
d. Vitamin A
2. Which of the following conditions are irreversible?
c. Fatty liver
d. None of the above
This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.